Rob Cohen, Jr., Denver Bankruptcy Attorney
Robertson Bruce Cohen a/k/a "Rob Jr."
Current Employment Positions
- Managing Partner - Cohen & Cohen, P.C.
Areas of Practice
- In addition to serving as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Panel Trustee, Rob spends the majority of his time focusing on creditor and debtor representation in consumer and corporate bankruptcy. Rob has extensive experience in a range of legal areas including civil litigation, contract drafting/disputes, domestic relations, consumer litigation, and real property. As an active lawyer in Denver, Rob continues to represent individuals and businesses in a range of matters in order to continually learn and gain practical experience so as to better manage the firm and represent his clients.
University of Denver Daniels College of Business - M.B.A. 2004
University of Denver College of Law - J.D. 2003
University of Wyoming - B.A. 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Christian Legal Society
- National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013
- First Judicial District Bar Association George Holley Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2011
*Represented by Counsel - Lindquist & Vennum, LLP. J Smiley, Esq.; Michael Gilbert, Esq.; Theodore Hartl, Esq.
- In re Beaudin, No. 09-355557 EEB 2012 WL 3748735 (Bankr.D.Colo.Sep 21, 2010)
- In Re Borgman, 698 F.3d 1255 (10th Cir.2012)*
- In re Moosman, 473 B.R. 385 (Bankr. D.Colo. 2012)**
**Represented by Counsel - Horowitz & Burnett, P.C. Kevin S. Neiman, Esq
Publications and Presentations
- "Bankruptcy & Divorce in Practice: Protecting your Clients", Presentation at First Judicial Bar Association Family Law CLE (December 2012)
- "Bankruptcy & Collections Law CLE: Chapter 7 Trustee Perspective & Issues", Presentation at First Judicial Bar Association Bankruptcy & Collections Law CLE (June 2012)
"Bankruptcy & Consumer Law", Presentation at Christian Legal Society
Continuing Legal Education (October 2011); Samaritan House
Checks in Float- Property of the Estate Subject to Turnover or Permissible Diminution of Debtor Funds?, NABT Talk; Journal of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Spring 2011, Vol. 27, No. 1
- "Consumer Law & Bankruptcy, a Field Guide for the Pro Bono Christian Attorney", Presentation at Christian Legal Society Continuing Legal Education
- "Bankruptcy & Short Sales", Remarks at Multiple Keller Williams Realty Seminar (2010)
- An Alternative to Law School: The Apprenticeship Model, Point/Counterpoint, The Colorado Lawyer, May 2009, Vol. 38, No.5
- "Bankruptcy & Consumer Law", Presentation at Christian Legal Society Continuing Legal Education (February 2009)
- Top Ten Topics in Bankruptcy for the Non-Bankruptcy Attorney, The Colorado Lawyer, February 2008, Vol. 37, No.2
- "Home Factor - Effective Estate Planning for Families", Remarks Foothills Bible Church MOPS meeting (July 2007)
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 1977
Rob is a voracious reader of historical fiction and fantasy. Anything written by James Michener and David Gemmell are among his favorites. Bernard Cornwell, Conn Iggulden, and Jim Butcher also rank high on his list. Rob enjoys wilderness excursions with his wife, 3 children, and their yellow lab. His hobbies are many and include reading and writing, family time, outdoor activities including fly fishing, skiing, mountain biking, paintball, and gardening.
Bruce Robertson Cohen,
Rob Sr. is the senior partner (emeritus) at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. who focuses his practice on Real Estate, Estate Planning, and Civil Litigation.
> Learn more
Robertson B. Cohen,
Rob Jr. is the managing partner at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. who focuses his practice on Consumer & Corporate Bankruptcy, Consumer Litigation, Civil Litigation, and Family Law/Divorce.
> Learn more
Erica is an associate attorney at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. who focuses primarily in Domestic Relations & Family Law.
> Learn more
Ryan is an associate attorney at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. who focuses his practice on litigation, including Bankruptcy and Criminal Defense.
> Learn more