"The development of bankruptcy legislation has been toward relieving the honest debtor from oppressive indebtedness and permitting such a debtor to start afresh." Wright v. Union Central Life Ins. Co., 304 U.S. 502 (1938).
What we do:
At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., we will help you receive your right to a fresh start through Chapter 7, 11, or 13 bankruptcies. We understand that bankruptcy in Denver is a difficult decision. In fact, studies have shown that over 90% of bankruptcies are caused by one of three reasons: 1) job loss/disruption of income; 2) medical issues; and 3) divorce/domestic relations. In our experience the other 10% are the result of a wide range of issues including reasons such as unsuccessful business ventures or real estate deals gone sour like equity skimming. Our Denver Bankruptcy Lawyers represent primarily debtors and help them accomplish their goal of receiving their "fresh start."
How we do it:
The basic process is as follows. You first meet with a bankruptcy lawyer for an initial consultation which will enable us to assess your specific situation and goals. It is at this meeting where we will recommend pursuing relief under a specific chapter of bankruptcy. You will learn more about your options, even your non-bankruptcy options, and be able to make an informed decision as to your next steps. If you decide to retain us for our services, you will be provided with a punch list of information which we will need to prepare your Denver bankruptcy documents. We will sometimes offer different pricing options and payment plans depending on your specific situation. Once you have the required documentation then your bankruptcy schedules will be prepared, you will have an opportunity to review and sign them, and your case will be filed. We will take care of you throughout the bankruptcy discharge process, go to your initial court date, and ensure that your rights are protected along with your peace of mind. Moreover, we won't abandon you after your case is discharged like other attorneys. We will provide you with tips and reputable contacts for obtaining credit repair or even post-bankruptcy credit.
Remember, at Cohen and Cohen, P.C., we practice in several other areas than just Colorado bankruptcy. As you might have guessed this helps our Denver bankruptcy practice enormously because bankruptcy as a rule of thumb encompass all types law. Multiple practice area firms such as ours are able to provide you with a better overall perspective on how your non-bankruptcy issues will be effected once you file bankruptcy in Denver.
Lastly, we typically do bankruptcies for a flat fee, so you will only have to pay one fee (assuming nothing comes along in your case which is unanticipated or extraordinary). Plus, we also do payment plans to help you get things started. If you have additional questions we invite you to explore the web-site (there really is usefull info here) or give us a call at your convienence.
To schedule your initial consultation with a Denver Bankruptcy Attorney at our convenient central Denver location call 303-933-4529.
Bruce Robertson Cohen,
Robertson B. Cohen,